Ingredients for Kantonese ozoni from Evoma:
- 2 chicken thigh fillets, cleaned and cut into small pieces
- A bunch of greens (spinach, bok choy or komatsuna), thoroughly washed and chopped
- 8-10 fresh shiitake mushrooms, cleaned, washed and sliced
- 4 mochi cakes
- 4 cups low sodium dashi stock
- 1 tbsp soya sauce 1tbsp sake
- A pinch of salt
Directions to prepare Kantonese ozoni from Evoma:
- Pour dashi stock to a large pot and bring it to a boil. Once the stock bubbles up, add soya sauce and sake. Stir in the chicken pieces and cook for a few minutes. Now add the mushroom slices and chopped greens. Simmer for a couple more minutes till the greens are wilted.
- Grill the mochi cakes till they are golden and puffed up. Add the mochi cakes to the stock and simmer for another two minutes. Season with salt, if required.
- Remove from heat and ladle the piping hot ozoni into soup bowls. Garnish with mitsuba or chopped scallions.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
For tantalizing Japanese delicacies, head onto OJ Bangalore! Contact Evoma now!