We talk and coordinate every day with couples who are getting married in Bangalore, and their parents and wedding planners. The one thing that every single one of them wants is a tour of the venue. We explain the facilities they have access to for their big day as part of the tour, and we know by experience what are the things that most couples and their parents want to know about.
This is a list of the top 8 must-have things in your Bangalore wedding venue, which you should keep as a checklist when you're comparing different venues.
1. Reception hall: This is possibly the most important requirement for holding a wedding, apart from the bride and groom. The size is what makes the difference. A large wedding hall that can accommodate 500 guests when you're calling only 50 won't look good in the video, and you won't look good if you pack in 200 people into a hall that has a capacity of 150.
The solution is a wedding venue that has 5-10 halls and outdoor venues of differing sizes that you can choose from based on the number of guests you plan to invite.
2. Catering: The second most important reason that your family and friends are coming to your wedding is for the free food and drinks. The catering has to be top-class, and it's not just about the menu or cooking. Everything from the seating arrangements to serving and cutlery has to perfectly pre-arranged based on the number of guests you have invited.
3. Parking: Getting in and out of wedding venues should be easy, but it's usually not because parking space is limited and many of the guests have to park outside, alongside the road near the venue. When you are looking at locations for your Bangalore wedding, make sure the one you choose has plenty of parking space for all your guests.
4. Tech support for lighting, music, and AV equipment: We have dedicated staff for most functions needed in a luxury hotel and event venue. You tell us the kind of lighting you have in mind, the music you want, and the displays and signs. Our tech support staff will do it all smoothly and efficiently, setting up a flawless wedding for you.
5. Rest rooms: It's not something that couples and parents ask about when they take a tour of Evoma, but it's there in this list as an important item on your wedding venue checklist. There have to be enough rest-rooms, and they have to be properly maintained.
6. Disabled access and senior friendly: We know that it's really important for a wedding and event venue to be senior friendly, and allow parents and grandparents and the disabled to come in and move around easily. They also need a comfortable place to rest and sleep in between or after the wedding events.
7. Event planner: There's always a parent or uncle or group of aunts who take the lead in taking care of all your wedding arrangements. You may also have your own wedding planner. But we also need to have an event planner at the venue who can coordinate with your people, and ensure that everything is done exactly as you want it done.
8. Outdoor garden: Space for the stage and seating for guests we have already addressed in the first point, but wedding parties and receptions that happen in the same space end up being cramped for style. The parties have to be taken outside to an outdoor garden, and it'll be a lot more memorable if your guests can breakup into groups and enjoy the outdoor party poolside.