The countdown to ring in the New Year has already begun. It's just a question of where you want to be on Dec 31, New Year's Eve, and what you want to do next. Some people want to rock the party hard, whereas some want to relax with friends and family, watching TV and the fireworks in the sky.
Here's a few things to do in Bangalore, to celebrate the New Year's Eve Party on Dec 31, and then follow it up with a nice holiday.
1. Extended Christmas Shopping: The great shopping malls of Bengaluru have many showrooms to window shop and compare and buy whatever you want and need. Take time out in evenings and do visit Phoenix Market City, VR, Forum, Garuda, Orion, Mantri or whichever is close to you and shop to your heart’s content.
2. Pamper yourself: Take out a day before the New Year's Eve Party to book an ayurvedic session or a spa session to relax your senses.
3. Hit Gym: New Year will being in lots of tasty high-calorie delights, so a pre-workout is necessary. Hit the gym or go for a morning run, whichever is comfortable, so that you are ready and fit to welcome the coming year with a bang, and a voracious appetite.
4. Visit Hebbal Lake in morning for bird watching: Spend a relaxing morning watching the birds chirp, enjoy some flora and fauna at this gorgeous lake and the garden besides it. Take a pair of binoculars and/or a camera with a zoom lens to spot billed pelicans, billed ducks, sandpipers, purple moorhens and purple and grey herons easily.
5. Have a stroll in green Cubbon Park: The morning or evenings are so pretty at Cubbon Park. The lush greenery around, kids and senior citizens having a great time, families partying around, groups and single strollers, all make the place a must visit. There are many activities planned there for kids and families alike to take part.
6. Spend the day visiting Bangalore Palace: What better way than the last day of the year to finally check this out of your local-city bucket list? Explore the architecture of the Palace with Gothic influences, adorned by Greek and Roman paintings. This palace takes you back to the days of the “British Raj.” Enjoy and appreciate the landscaping and beauty of the place.
7. Visit Banerghatta National Park: This is a great place to spend time with nature along with friends and family. The safari, butterfly house, snake park and zoo itself is an inviting place for all to spend great time together.
8. Do Pub hopping at Brigade road: Get ready to greet the coming year exploring the pubs at Brigade road. You can get indulged in the new year's eve shopping, and take advantage of all the yearend sales going on. Also visit the M.G. Road metro station, which has an art gallery for art lovers and greenery all around to just relax and have good time.
9. Make a new resolution: Try and make a resolution that helps you overcome your fears, and try doing something new and unexpected.
10. Attend a New Year's Eve Bash: Attend one of the hottest New Year's EVe parties in Bangalore, at a great place which is very near to the metro, Whitefield, K R Puram, Marthahalli, and MG Road. Absolutely at the heart of the city, a venue with a 40,000 sq.ft. spread garden and outdoor pool serving as a perfect venue for events, the Evoma Hotel is a perfect place to have a blast.
The New Year Party at Evoma is going to be a blast. Unlimited drinks and starters.